Customer Outreach and Sales Support
Come work with us! We are on the lookout for a Customer Outreach and Sales Support Associate to introduce our current offerings and support the release of a new suite of software products. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, engaging, and proactive – someone who likes to talk with “friendly strangers” and who would like a seat at the table in a zero bureaucracy company. Sound like you? Let’s talk!
Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you will act as an ambassador for BuildSite and Submittal.com. You will be a key team member reaching out and interacting with potential customers to support our lead generation and customer loyalty efforts. Our audience includes construction material manufacturers and distributors, commercial contractors, subcontractors, and project engineers. You’ll be talking to people at the operations and executive level. Your responsibilities will include:
- Presenting the idea and getting appointments with manufacturers and distributors for BuildSite’s winning Point of Sale program. Most will be warm leads.
- Following up with trial users of BuildSite’s new Submittal.com offering to learn about their experience and provide customer support such as a project demo.
- Setting up appointments for “Lunch and Learn” presentations with key construction contractors and trade groups.
- Maintaining and updating account records in Salesforce.
- Attending local tradeshows and conferences and conducting product demo webinars
In your contacts with customers and potential customers, you will be encouraged to learn as much as possible about users and use cases. Your input will be critical in helping us perfect our offerings, as well as our go-to market strategy and programs. Day to day, you will collaborate with product development, marketing, database, and market research professionals.
The position initially will be 50% FTE but may grow to full time within 6 months. You will work with the BuildSite team in our office in Historic Old Oakland; some work can be performed off-site.
Do you have what it takes? Our ideal candidate will show the following:
- Experience in sales and sales support, with success in customer acquisition and lead generation
- A personable attitude and great phone presence
- Excellent writing skills – you know how craft a nice email
- The ability to work collaboratively in a small company
- A proactive attitude and enthusiasm to share ideas to us help meet our goals
- Knowledge of MS Office apps and Salesforce, and comfort with Google Drive
- BA in any subject; Liberal Arts graduates welcome
While it’s not a requirement, familiarity with an aspect of architecture, building design, or construction will definitely help you.
We offer competitive compensation. Incentive compensation will be available when the company achieves specific milestones. Our offices are close to BART and good coffee. And, we have great relationships with local restaurants. If you’re interested and qualified, join us for lunch and find out more!
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Customer Outreach 2017” in the subject line.
BuildSite is an equal opportunity employer.